Sunday, September 21, 2008

You were the cover model of TIME !


2 years ago the American famous newsweekly TIME selected YOU for Person of the year. That means an ordinary man who use internet, blog, media and be active in those places can be a TIME’s Person of the year. It shows that the User’s power grow incredibly bigger than the past, and also play a big role in current society.

For example, in my country Korea people participate actively in creating UGC. Have you heard about UCC? We called ‘UGC’ to ‘UCC.’ The word “UCC” is an abbreviation for User Created Contents. Its meaning is similar to UGC.
 
Incredibly, In Korea the “UCC” exercising a huge force to public. Sometimes Korean called current society as “the boom of UCC.” People express their thought by making and circulating it. “Lim Jeong-hyun”, famous Korean guitarist who became a world star through YOUTUBE.
 
→ click "Here" then you can enjoy Lim's play.
 
Of course, said by “Nobel Laureate Says The Internet Makes Us Dumb, We Say: Meh” and Death to User-Generated Content” the UGC have a problem such as false tips and problem of copyrights. However, I found lots of interesting things in the UCC. As you can see the case of Lim’s, users can become creator or producer on the internet without any limit of age, sex and human race. Isn’t it cool? :)
 
There are no places we can express our thought freely except the INTERNET.
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

Julie said...

Hi song!

Actually, you should come and visit my blog, I used the same picture as you did!
(http://frenchyme.blogspot.com)

But did you know that in 2007, Time elected "Them", person of the year?
There is a link on my blog to the Time article that explains why...and who "They are"...

It is true that UGC is getting bigger and bigger, but the professionals are still there.

I think it is why the Internet is so great. It is ONE of the means of communication that can coexist with the others, so that whatever you are looking for...you can find it somewhere!

Eunbi said...

Song!!

Yeah..many people upload their UCC on YOUTUBE. I have never made any YOUYUBE my own..but I really enjoyed to watching them even I forget to sleep because it's really fun and creative. Someday I want to make some interesting UCC, then maybe you can see me on YOUTUBE haha..
I think any UGC for fun is good material but we should be careful when we need some correct and espert information.

Have a nice day!!

Kim Bryden said...

Hey Song -

That is so crazy about that guy Lim. I watched that video too it was really good!

My sisters and their friends always make music videos and post them online. I tried getting a link to show you one but it won't work :-(

Anyway, I always get very nervous about them putting these videos online because who knows who is watching and they are only 16 and 14 years old. It's a little crazy.

But one of my 14 yr old sister's friends actually sings/plays the piano and posted one of her videos online for a contest and she's in the top 10 or something like that. She's amazing! So what a way to find new talent.

Have a nice weekend!

 
follow me on Twitter